Since 1955, the Saskatchewan Safety Council, a non-profit registered charity, has been dedicated to the prevention of injury in Saskatchewan... at home, at play, and at work.
Funded through donations, membership contributions, sponsorships, and the distribution of safety programs and materials, the revenues generated by the Safety Council are invested within the province of Saskatchewan to further promote safety.
With the help of sponsors and through a variety of community partnerships and its members, the Saskatchewan Safety Council continues to deliver an extensive list of safety training, programs and services everywhere in our province.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council:
- Developed the first universal High School Driver Education Program in Canada
- Introduced Defensive Driving Courses in Saskatchewan
- Hosts the only annual Industrial Safety Seminar in the province
- Launched province’s first Motorcycle Safety Program
- Developed province’s first major agricultural safety campaigns
- Advocated for seatbelt use; car seats for children; and legal limits to alcohol levels
- Developed the first Fire Control School in Saskatchewan
- Introduced Forklift Training courses in Saskatchewan
- Developed the First Safe Grad Program
The Saskatchewan Safety Council is your singular source for all things safety-related in Saskatchewan.
Our organization exists to help ensure you can make informed decisions about your safety.
Whether you are in search of safety resources, require training for one person, a group, or your entire organization anywhere in the province, working with our dedicated team will simplify processes and save you time.
If we are unable to provide you with the specific safety information you seek, we have the relationships, resources, and willingness to help you find it.
How can the Saskatchewan Safety Council help you or your organization be safer?
To receive our e-newsletter and other forms of communications, please use the form below to register your email address.
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- 2016 Safety Professional of the Year
- New President Elected
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Twelve Red Flags of Frauds
- 16 Ways a Con Artist Gets Information on Potential Victims
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Providing Safety Training to Budding Entrepreneurs Since 1965
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice