Three-Day Community Safety Seminar Gets Under Way Today
Saskatoon, SK - The Community Safety Seminar gathers together presenters, thought leaders, businesses, organizations, and like-minded individuals to learn about, discuss, and strategize ways in which participants can Work Together to Achieve a Safe Saskatchewan
“The successful reduction of injuries in the workplace has come through investments made in education, engineering, and policy changes. These efforts however, do not always carry forward to how employees act away from their place of work. We’ve done a good job with the workforce, that culture needs to go home” says Robert Weitzel, Director of Business Development with the Council.
Community Relations Coordinator with the Council, Merissa Scarlett, says “our goal is to bring together all those people currently working on making the community safer for seniors and youth, provide them with some information, get them talking and sharing best practices… working together is the key."
On the Agenda at Prairieland Park
Tuesday May 15 – Senior Safety Seminar - Proactive Approach to Senior Health and Wellness
Age Friendly Communities - Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism
The Changing Face of Seniors - Cultural Diversities - Open Door Society
Senior Fitness, Importance of Fitness for the Aging - Saskatchewan Health Authority
Dementia Friendly Communities - Alzheimer Society of Saskatchewan
Building Respectful Inclusive Communities - Saskatoon Council on Aging
Wednesday May 16 – Youth Safety Seminar - State of Saskatchewan Youth
Status of Youth Safety in Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan Alliance for Youth and Community Well-Being
Research Report – Child Injury in Saskatchewan - Saskatchewan Prevention Institute
Utilizing Multi-Agency Collaboration to Predict, Assess, and Manage Risk for Violence - Saskatoon City Police
Youth Suicide - Learning from the North - Saskatchewan Advocate for Children and Youth
Bridging Cultures, Settlement Challenges for Newcomer Youth - Saskatoon Open Door Society
Youth Workplace Injury Prevention - WCB Saskatchewan
Thursday May 17 - Workplace Safety Seminar - The Next Step is Education
Overcoming Difficult Conversations - Elizabeth Teliz-McQuarri
Leveraging Technology to Improve Safety in the Workplace - Serese Selanders
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice