Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
Mental Health Training is now available free of charge for all Saskatchewan youth aged 14 to 21! As part of the Career Safety Education program, youth in Saskatchewan have access to Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies, an online course dedicated to providing skills to cope with stress.
“Including this training component reinforces for youth the importance of understanding mental health and makes a connection for them between safety in the workplace and mental wellness,” says Saskatchewan Safety Council Community Relations Coordinator, Merissa Scarlett.
The content empowers youth to improve their own mental well-being by building resilience (mental fitness). It focusses on recognizing symptoms, identifying stressors and choosing appropriate reactions.
Career Safety Education is the result of a strategic alliance of organizations brought together by the Saskatchewan Safety Council to provide every Saskatchewan youth between 14 and 21 with free career focused safety education.
Why does Career Safety Education matter? Learn more about Cade Sprackman and his story here:
Interested in registering or learning more about Career Safety Education? You can find more information here.
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice