“You need to sit down so you don’t crash your face!” Best safety tip ever.
On August 21st and 22nd, the Saskatchewan Safety Council participated in the third annual First Ride program hosted by Regina Catholic Schools and Regina Public Schools.
First Ride is a program for students going into Kindergarten. It affords youngsters the chance to ride a school bus and learn about school bus safety before the very first day of school. The event is full of excitement, nervousness, and even tears. Mostly from the parents.
We asked the children for their best safety tips for the school bus and heard everything from "no chewing gum", "no yelling", and "hold the railing when getting on or off the bus". Or "sit down to not crash your face."
Asking the students, “What do you do with your hands, arms, legs, and feet when you are on the bus?”
“Keep them to yourself!”
Having a hard time remembering that? Take your arms and bring them in nice and tight to your sides and give yourself small t-rex arms. Who thought being safe meant being a dinosaur?
The Regina Catholic Schools and Regina Public Schools work together to host the event, and CAA Saskatchewan and the Regina Police-School Resource Officers, along with ourselves, come out and assist with the event.
Along with school bus safety, the students learn how to cross a street safely and about the School Safety Patrollers they may see at school.
A record number of 358 students participated this year highlighting, once again, how working together can achieve a safer Saskatchewan.
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice