Summer Bash is not a grand wrestling or boxing match that happens in Regina. It’s also not a sporting competition.
It’s a very family friendly late-summer event geared to the Regina communities of Albert Park and Harbour Landing. Along with a free breakfast and BBQ, community members interact with the variety of free activities and entertainment offered.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council was invited to join in the festivities for the day and just couldn’t say no to a day in the community! Being a part of events like these lets us meet new people and spread the message of safety, such as wear your bike helmet or what you should be wearing while mowing your lawn or riding an ATV.
We engaged with visitors to our display by asking children (and adults) to match the safety gear to the summer activity. What safety gear should you be wearing while you mow the lawn?
- Earmuffs (protect your hearing)
- Safety Glasses (protect your eyes)
- Work gloves (protect your hands)
- Boots (protect your toes)
- Pants (protect your legs)
Or as one child said, “You wear boots, so you don’t mow your toes off!”
What safety gear do you wear while working around home?
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice