Celebrating Youth Safety Education Day by Giving Away Gift Cards to Sask High School Teachers
In support of the provincially proclaimed Youth Safety Education Day on Sept. 10, 2018, the Saskatchewan Safety Council is recognizing teachers and schools who register their classes for free safety training through Career Safety Education, a program for youth aged 14 and 21.
All teachers in Saskatchewan registering their class for free Career Safety Education before October 1st, 2018 will receive a $10.00 gift card redeemable towards nice warm beverages or a great book. Each class registration will additionally serve as an entry for one Saskatchewan school to win $1,000.00.
“We appreciate the hard work that educators do and want to thank them for being safety champions. Students in our free Career Safety Education program learn to recognize safe choices and develop risk analysis skills that will prove valuable for the rest of their lives,” says Saskatchewan Safety Council Community Relations Coordinator, Merissa Scarlett.
Career Safety Education is the result of a strategic alliance of organizations brought together by the Saskatchewan Safety Council to provide every Saskatchewan youth between 14 and 21 with free career focused safety education.
Currently, Career Safety Education includes training in worker rights and responsibilities through the Young Worker Readiness Course (WorkSafe), training in basic chemical safety through WHMIS 2015 (Saskatchewan Safety Council), mental health strategies through Mental Health: Health and Wellness Strategies, and one standardized industry designed safety orientation:
- Agriculture: Online Agriculture Training System – Saskatchewan Safety Council;
- Heavy Construction, Earthmoving and Roadbuilding: Roadbuilders Safety Training System – Heavy Construction Safety Association of Saskatchewan;
- Construction and Trades: Saskatchewan Construction Orientation Training – Saskatchewan Construction Safety Association;
- Healthcare: Workplace Assessment and Violence Education – Saskatchewan Association of Safe Workplaces in Health;
- Energy, Oil and Gas: Electronic General Safety Orientation – Energy Safety Canada
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice