Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
Career Safety Education is growing significantly in popularity. Since March 1st, 2018, 1,013 youth have registered in the program. Over half of them registered (589) in the first two months of this school year.
Youth from 140 different communities across the province have registered. Every yellow pin in the image below represents a community where a participant has registered in the program.
36 different schools are participating, each of which are led by safety champion teachers. Shout out to the fantastic educators who are making safety a priority for our youth!
Although most participants have registered through their high school class or school system, 240 have done so on their own out of a desire to increase their employability.
Career Safety Education is available to all Saskatchewan youth aged 14 to 21 years. And it is trending. #safety #resumeskills #teenboss
In case you didn’t hear, Career Safety Education is a safety training program developed specifically for Saskatchewan youth... and it's free, thanks to a strategic alliance between several industry partners. There are four courses, three of which form the program core, and one elective. The core courses cover employer rights and responsibilities, mental wellness, and hazardous chemical handling. The list of electives, chosen based on the participant’s career interests, currently includes: Agriculture, Building Construction, Energy, Healthcare, or Road Construction.
Do you know a youth between 14 and 21 years? Or a secondary school teacher? Share the program and have them register at www.careersafetyeducation.ca
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice