Sock it to ‘em
Working outdoors in Saskatchewan winters can have its drawbacks… like cold winds and blowing snow which can lead to near frozen feet and fingers to name a couple.
Having witnessed a winter day at its worst while attending the Saskatchewan Safety Council’s Skid Smart Collision Avoidance course, a participant duly noted the conditions experienced by the instructors. “They were outside working in freezing temperatures, providing directions and setting up pylons while we (the students) sat very comfortably in our warm vehicles”, he said. “I really appreciated what the instructors were going through in their efforts to educate us”.
As a show of appreciation for our staff who work in such chilly weather conditions, this kind student who wished to remain anonymous, dropped off 8 pairs of “Toasty warm llama socks” at the Council office.
The socks came from a local herd at Dragonfly Llamas. On the label of each pair was the name and photograph of the particular llama or llamas from which the fibres were sheared to make that particular pair of socks… A nice touch.
Perhaps we should send a photo of each instructor who will be wearing the socks back to the llama’s farm so they can see who they’ve kept warm all winter… it’s a charity thing. ;)
We truly appreciate this gentleman looking out for the well-being of our employees and donating these items. Acts like his warm our toes and our hearts. It’s another way in which we continue to “work together to achieve a safe Saskatchewan.”
More can be learned about Dragonfly Llama socks at http://dragonflyllama.com/
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice