How does your safety program measure up?
The Saskatchewan Safety Council recognized Wascana Centre Authority with a Certificate of Recognition for their Safety Management System. They are the first organization to successfully meet all the requirements of the Council’s Safety Program Certification system.
The Safety Program Certification system enables an organization to develop, implement and review their Health and Safety Management System against a third party recognized standard. The process can be valuable for showcasing due diligence through the ongoing monitoring and evaluating of management systems and continuous improvement. Throughout the process, there are opportunities to recognize an organizations strengths, as well as possible areas for improvement.
To reach this level, Wascana Centre Authority had to first meet minimum training and program development requirements. They then conducted an internal evaluation of their organizations Safety Management System. The internal evaluation is required to reach a minimum of 80% rating and pass a quality assurance verification. Wascana Centre Authority then applied to have the Saskatchewan Safety Council staff perform an external verification audit of their safety systems. This external audit verified a standing that meets or exceeds the 80% requirement and enabled Wascana Centre Authority to be issued the first Certificate of Recognition from the Saskatchewan Safety Council.
This program adheres to the standards set out by the Saskatchewan Joint Industry Committee. Further program information can be found at http://www.sasksafety.org/training/workplace-training/certification-of-recognition-safety-program
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice