Enter to Win a $10,000 CAA Travel Voucher
Social Media Contest
Contest Rules - How To Enter
Every day, our lives are made up of a series of choices. When to wake up, when to get out of bed, what to eat for breakfast if one chooses to eat breakfast at all, what time you go to work if one chooses to keep their job, and how to get there, are only a few of the choices made early each day.
Woven amongst those choices is often a series of safe choices affording us the ability to get on with our day, at home, at work, or at play, without incurring undue risk, injury, or worse.
Not all of us make the same safe choices even though we may be engaged in the same activity. Some of us choose to brush our teeth, hold the handrail on our way down the stairs, take a daily vitamin, cross at the crosswalk, wear our seatbelt, and put on the right personal protective equipment (PPE) at work.
Other individuals barely take the time to wake up before venturing out the door, repeatedly tripping over untied shoelaces, spilling hot coffee from a lidless cup and running amber traffic lights while attempting to get to a meeting thirteen minutes too late. No doubt, these folks could stand to learn a few things from the aforementioned.
Thus, the #SafeChoice Photo and Video Contest, a contest where photos and videos, which depict the safe choices we make every day, are shared publicly thereby serving to influence a positive change in behavior… or perhaps teach an old dog a new trick.
Join us in the sharing of safe choices by participating in our #SafeChoice Photo and Video Contest for a chance to win a $10,000 CAA travel voucher. Read the Rules
If you do not agree with the rules below or somehow entered unintentionally, please delete your post.
1. Saskatchewan Safety Council (the “Contest Sponsor” or “SSC”) is sponsoring a “Show your #SafeChoice” contest (the “Contest”) which runs from February 6, 2017 to December 13, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
2. By entering this Contest the entrant agrees to accept and abide by these rules and regulations (the “Contest Rules”). All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest
3. The Contest is open to all Saskatchewan residents with the exception of employees of the SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL and their immediate families or persons with whom the employee is domiciled.
How to Enter
4. Contest entry accepted through submission to either of the following social media channels:
1. Facebook: “Like” the Saskatchewan Safety Council Facebook page and then post on that page one photo or short video clip (maximum 60 seconds) which depicts a safe choice you make regularly. Caption the photo or short video (60 seconds maximum) and describe the safe choice depicted using the hashtag #SafeChoice.
2. Twitter: Tweet (post) a photo on Twitter which depicts a safe choice you make regularly. Caption the photo by describing the safe choice depicted in the photo using the hashtag #SafeChoice and mentioning @SkSafetyCouncil. To qualify as an entry, @SkSafetyCouncil must be mentioned.
5. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city/town of residence and social media profile photo, contest entry photo and/or video clip without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium world-wide by either or both of the Contest Sponsor and/or their advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification or compensation.
6. There will be one (1) $10,000 travel voucher to be won. The Contest Winner will be selected on December 14, 2017 (the "Draw Date"), in Regina, Saskatchewan.
7. Prize must be accepted as awarded. If prize is won by a minor (anyone under the age of 18 as of the Draw Date), the prize must be accepted by a parent or legal guardian.
Contest Winner Selection
8. Each entry will be initially judged as to it’s depiction of a safe choice.
9. Entries which are approved by the judging process in Section 8, and meet the entry guidelines as per Section 4 above, will be deemed as eligible to answer a skill testing question.
10. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL will make one random selection from all online eligible entries which meet the criteria outlined above to determine the order in which entrants will have the opportunity to answer the skill testing question. The selection will be made at the end of the Contest Period in Regina, Saskatchewan. Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
11. The selected entrant will be provided a chance to answer a skill testing question after their initial notification via social media within approximately one business (1) day of the selection (“Notification”). The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate or incorrect information provided to it, or that results in any way from the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. If the first selected entrant does not respond within three (3) business days of first contact, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify that entrant and to select another eligible entry. By entering, you agree that if you are a selected entrant that is disqualified and a Prize is forfeited for any reasons, the Contest Sponsor will be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive Notification.
12. If selected entrant is not eligible or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and select another eligible entry for purposes of obtaining an opportunity to answer a skill testing question, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
13. To be declared a winner the selected entrant must:
1) Provide the Contest Sponsor with their full name, date of birth, and address of residence.
2) Provide proof of ownership of the selected social media profile and entry.
3) Upon Notification, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that a selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and select another eligible entry, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
14. All Contest entries must be received during the Contest Period. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for entries that are not received, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible for whatever reason, including without limitation, due to computer or network or other system interruption, malfunction, failure or breakdown of any kind or duration. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL reserves the right in its absolute discretion, without any liability to any entrant to the Contest, to withdraw or modify the Contest should any of SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL's systems or its network be adversely affected by any virus or other similar destructive agent during the Contest Period.
15. Participants may submit a maximum of one entry per week per social media channel (Facebook and Twitter). Duplicated entries will be counted as one entry.
16. Anyone found to use multiple accounts (ie. More than one Twitter or Facebook account) to enter will be deemed ineligible. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, Facebook accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
17. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any posts from its Facebook page, and disqualify from entry, any image or content it interprets as inappropriate.
18. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
19. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL shall be the sole judge and decision maker regarding any dispute regarding the application or interpretation of the Contest Rules or any other aspect of the Contest and SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL's judgment or decision shall be final.
20. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL retains the right in its sole and absolute discretion to suspend or change for any reason, the start and/or end dates of the Contest, or to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest in part or as a whole for any reason.
21. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest and to ban that individual from any future SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL contest whom it finds or believes to be tampering with the Contest entry process, the operation of the Contest or is acting in violation of the Contest Rules.
22. SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL is the sole sponsor of this Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
23. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Facebook is completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest.
24. By entering the Contest, entrants and selected entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter and their directors, employees, officers, agents and affiliates from any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons or property, including but not limited to death, resulting in whole or in part directly or indirectly from the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in any Contest-related activity including any travel related thereto and/or participation in the Contest.
25. By entering the Contest, each selected entrant agrees to sign and return the following to SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL within three (3) days of Notification:
1) A form affirming eligibility and compliance with all Contest Rules (form may require notarization);
2) A liability release form releasing the Contest Sponsor, their directors, employees, officers, agents and affiliates from all liability arising from or relating to the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in any Contest-related activity including any travel related thereto and/or participation in this Contest; and
3) A publicity release and consent form permitting the Contest Sponsor to use his or her name, city/town of residence and social media profile photo without compensation in publicity or advertising carried out in any medium world-wide by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification unless permitted by law. If the selected entrant fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding a Prize (time permitting), and the Contest Sponsor shall both be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard; and,
4) Any other release/document as requested by the Contest Sponsor.
26. The Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or modify the Contest Rules at any time for any reason whatsoever.
27. The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Contest Sponsor assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
28. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting the Contest Rules by mail or requesting names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
29. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor as a result of technical problems or human error, or any combination thereof.
30. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
31. This Contest is governed by the laws of Saskatchewan and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
32. By entering this Contest, the entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of the Contest Rules or the running of this Contest. The entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan.
33. THE CONTEST SPONSOR ARE COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ENTRANTS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ADMINISTERING THIS CONTEST UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR BY THE CONTEST RULES. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be forwarded to SASKATCHEWAN SAFETY COUNCIL at (306) 787-3197.
Please Note: We do not post or retweet all entries.
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice