WHAT IS THE INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SEMINAR?
Every year, Saskatchewan’s Premier Safety event brings together hundreds of safety professionals from across Saskatchewan. They gather to learn from 24 educational presentations and keynote speakers, plus see the latest safety-related products and services in over 100 trade show display booths.
Industry has known for many years that safety doesn’t cost - it pays. The 1st Annual Industrial Safety Seminar was held in 1974. Started by a group of concerned individuals, the aim of the conference was to give safety professionals in Saskatchewan a forum to discuss areas of common concern. It was an opportunity to bring a high quality safety event to the province. Since 1974, the event has grown to become one of the largest events of its type in western Canada. The 45th Annual Industrial Safety Seminar will feature speakers from Saskatchewan, Canada, and the United States. It will also feature one of the largest displays of safety equipment and services in western Canada with 100 display booths.
The 45th Annual Industrial Safety Seminar will take place on February 5-7, 2018, at Prairieland Exhibition Park, Saskatoon, SK.
WHO WILL ATTEND THE INDUSTRIAL SAFETY SEMINAR?
The Industrial Safety Seminar, although aimed primarily at business and industry, is open to anyone interested in safety. Average attendance in the past 3 years was over 750 delegates per year representing Safety Managers and Professionals, Occupational Health and Safety Committee Members, Supervisors and interested small businesses and individuals. Delegates represent a large cross section of Saskatchewan industries including mining, utilities, oil & gas and construction, Provincial and Federal regulatory agencies, crown corporations and private companies.
The Industrial Safety Seminar is an excellent opportunity for new or experienced safety practitioners to attend professional development sessions with experts on a variety of current safety related topics. It is also an opportunity for all those interested in safety to network with like-minded people while expanding their safety knowledge.
2018 Seminar Poster - Includes Keynote Speaker Information
Please review the 2018 Program that provides information on speakers, hotels and much, much more!
Sponsorship - Delegate Registration - Registration Opens Oct. 15, 2017 for the 2018 Seminar
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors
45 Year Sponsor!
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice