Spring Rider Refresher Days are for recent graduates of our Basic Rider Training program who want to reacquaint themselves with their motorcycle in a controlled and safe environment. Our trained instructors will be available to work closely with riders on their own motorcycles to refresh and refine the skills learned in the Basic Rider Training.
Registration must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event.
- May 12 or
- May 13
- Open to 2017 graduates of the Saskatchewan Safety Council’s Basic Rider Training.
- On the streets of The Global Transportation Hub.
- 4 hours
- 10 AM till 2 PM
Readying your Bike – Presented by:
Readying Yourself – Body & Mind - Presented by
Instructors will perform demonstrations and provide pointers on a variety of exercises similar to those experienced in Basic Rider Training
- Guided Pre-Ride Inspection
- Slow Speed Maneuvers
- Slow Speed Strait-line Challenge
- Accelerate Around a Curve
- Emergency Braking
- Collision Avoidance
Exercises will range in difficulty level and riders choose what they want to ride.
- To participate in Spring Rider Refresher Days:
- You must have passed the Saskatchewan Safety Council Basic Rider Training program within the past 12 months
- You must be a licensed motorcycle rider with a minimum of a Motorcycle Learner - 6 Endorsement
- You must bring a properly licensed and insured motorcycle to the course, as well as proof of ownership / registration. If the motorcycle is not registered in your name a signed note from the registered owner is required
- Your motorcycle must be in good condition, especially tires, brakes and suspension
- You must have proper riding gear that is to be worn at all times during the riding day
- Understand that any unsafe behavior will result in you loosing the right to particpate in activites
- FREE, however if you feel so inclined you may make a donation to the Saskatchewan Safety Council.
- By Registering you indicate that you have read and understand all information listed above.
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice