Wildlife Safety & Awareness Program
We all have a responsibility to protect the environment. Bears and other wildlife are part of that environment. This highly engaging course helps learners gain a better understanding of the preventative measures they can take to protect both themselves and wildlife when working and playing in the great outdoors. Participants will learn how to tell the difference between grizzly and black bears, as well as what they need to do to stay safe if they encounter a bear. From 3D graphics to interactive scenarios and activities, this course gives learners the tools they need to properly prepare for any outdoor experience.
- Introduction to Bears
- Food and Waste Management
- Preparation and Prevention
- Bear Deterrents
- Wildlife Legislation
- What to Watch for
- Identifying Grizzly Bears and Black Bears
- Encountering Bears Knowledge Check
Course Duration: 25 Minutes
In Canada, this course follows recommended government guidelines for wilderness safety and bear encounters.
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice