Driver Improvement Instructor (Canada Safety Council)
This course is available to those interested in conducting Defensive Driving (DDC) and/or Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC) training internally within their organization. All content from the DDC and PDIC courses will be covered.
This course provides the ability to continuously train staff and ensure the consistency of defensive driving in the work environment. As potential instructors, students will go through the complete DDC/PDIC course and learn comprehensive teaching techniques to ensure information is being communicated properly to their future students.
- Detailed coverage of the DDC and/or PDIC course materials
- Methods of instruction
- Public speaking techniques
- Proper use of training aids
- How to control a classroom
Each participant will be required to teach all or parts of the classroom theory to selected students in order to ensure competency. Where possible, we can cater the course to meet your organizations specific needs.
Course Duration: 5 Days (Max. 6 participants)
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice