Behaviour Based Driving
Manage frustration, minimize stress and control anger that can lead to road rage, increased vehicle incidents, repair costs, and lost employee hours.
Thinking Driver is an internationally recognized program that addresses driver attitude in an effective and respectful way by utilizing advanced psychological and counseling techniques to change the way drivers see the actions of others and develop more effective responses. This program is engaging and interactive with drivers discussing driving challenges and solutions based on personal motivations. Anger management tools are a key component of the course content as participants learn to take responsibility for their emotional reactions while driving, choose positive actions to avoid confrontation, and stay safe and out of harm’s way.
This course lays out the foundation of Thinking Driver’s Five Fundamentals of defensive driving principles and practices. It delivers core techniques and tips that help minimize risk and prevent incidents in spite of conditions and other drivers, while delving into the internal processes that can influence a driver’s choice to take unnecessary risks.
- What attitude is and how it affects driving
- How to shift attitudinal gears from risky driving attitudes to positive ones
- How risk tolerance changes with emotional states and how to reduce risk
- Dealing with aggression from other drivers without retaliation
- How to avoid being drawn into competition and confrontational situations while driving
- How to use the Five Fundamentals:
- Think and Look ahead
- Anticipate Hazards
- Keep your options Open
- Manage the Risk
- Control with Finesse
Course Duration: 6 Hours
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice