Note: If you are required to take a Defensive Driver course by SGI, please contact our office at 1.855.280.7115
Safe driving in today’s complex traffic environment requires the adoption of a behavior called defensive driving. A defensive driver is someone who takes all reasonable precautions to prevent traffic incidents despite the actions of those around them.
This course is designed to teach you the techniques and practices required to be a defensive driver by going over and above what is required by law. You will be provided with a standard of driving excellence that you can use to evaluate and improve your own driving. Whether it's at work or at home, becoming a defensive driver is a valuable and necessary asset.
- Principles and foundations of defensive driving
- How our attitude and emotions affect our driving
- The four categories of driving impairment
- Driving with children
- Navigating intersections
- Properly passing vehicles and making split-second decisions
- Turning, merging, and right of way
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Optional modules including other road users, winter driving, and pre-trip inspection/fuel efficiency
Course Duration: 1 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
"I found it course very informative to go over some of the driving skills and rules I have forgotten about over the years. "
"I was very satisfied with the Instructor who was competent, approachable and clear. "
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice