Defensive Driving for 15 Passenger Vans
Many businesses, sports teams, and community organizations use 15-passenger vans to transport people to and from events and job sites. Research shown that unsafe operation of these vehicles present a significantly higher hazard to occupants than other passenger vehicles. This is why the Saskatchewan Safety Council has developed a program specifically for 15-passenger vans.
The goal of this course is to teach drivers the different driving techniques required to operate a 15-passenger van. Students will learn proper loading strategies as well as how to create an action plan for safety.
- Overview of safety concerns
- Defensive driving for large vans
- Dealing with emergency situations
- Circle checks and safety alerts
- Collision prevention
- Speed and stopping distances
- Adapting to different road and weather conditions
- Proper turn techniques
- Loading and unloading passengers and cargo
- Vehicle maintenance
- Creating a safety action plan to minimize risk for incidents
Course Duration: 4 Hours
We also offer an optional in-vehicle assessment at an additional cost.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice