Defensive Driving For School Buses
School bus operators are responsible for the safety of dozens of children every time they get behind the wheel. Therefore, it is important for a driver to continuously upgrade and refresh the driving skills required on a regular basis.
This course, designed for full-time and substitute drivers, will provide the knowledge required by professional bus drivers to prevent collisions in spite of the actions of other drivers and the surrounding conditions, also known as defensive driving. We will encourage a willing attitude to continually apply this knowledge whenever you are driving.
- The 5 elements of defensive driving
- The 5 factors to avoid in order to have a "safe trip"
- Eye lead time
- Clues for detecting unsafe conditions
- 6 categories of driving conditions
- Collision avoidance
- Head on collisions and what to do to avoid them
- Emergency Driving Techniques
This course is strictly informational and does not affect licensing.
Course Duration: 4 Hours
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice