Mature Driver Refresher Course
Traffic incident prevention is and has always been a priority for the Safety Council. As such, we continue to offer our Mature Driver Refresher Course (Canada Safety Council's 55 Alive Driver Refresher Course) completely free of charge to those 55 years of age and older who wish to enroll.
This completely free 6-hour Mature Driver Refresher Course is strictly informational and offered in a positive, open class environment. Participant driver’s licenses are not affected and there are no required examinations.
This training increases confidence when navigating Saskatchewan’s increasing city and highway traffic. It provides insight into how to adapt your driving habits based on the physical changes the body goes through as it matures.
- Normal driving situations such as intersections, following distance, maintaining an open “gate” around your vehicle.
- Hazardous driving environments such as skids, head on collisions, hydroplaning and how to protect yourself while driving.
- Traffic guidance such as sign recognition and pavement markings.
- Review of safety devices such as seat belts and air bags.
- Medication awareness, vision and effective use of your eyes.
Course Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"A day well spent. I know now I didn't know everything. "
"Completely competent and a non-threatening presentation. "
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- Popular in Eatonia, SK
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice