Snowmobiles are not only used for recreational purposes. They are also used by many organizations in the field for transportation needs such as traveling across fields and ditches to work sites.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Snowmobile course is intended to provide participants with a solid base of practical and functional skills for the safe use of snowmobiles in the workplace. It uses classroom and field activities to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to develop safe and effective snowmobile operation habits.
- Snowmobile Act and Regulations including OH&S Regulations
- Understanding the parts of a snowmobile
- Pre-start check
- Trailering a snowmobile
- Storing a snowmobile
- Driving techniques
- How to handle special situations such as night riding and weather conditions
- What to do when in an emergency
Participants are required to provide a snowmobile and basic riding gear/personal protective equipment appropriate to the outdoor conditions on the course days. Up to three participants can share one snowmobile and students must have a valid driver’s license to take this course.
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
Note: If you are looking for non-commercial snowmobile training please contact the Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association.
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice