Many drivers tow some type of trailer for numerous occupational, recreational, and utility needs. Frequently, we do not think about the requirements and responsibility that comes with towing a trailer and merely view it as an extension of the towing vehicle. However, a driver can get into a difficult situation and/or legal violation by not understanding the requirements and procedures associated with towing a trailer.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Trailer Towing course is designed to provide students with these requirements and procedures. Novice drivers will be able to learn proper procedures before they learn incorrect habits. Experienced drivers will find value in refreshing their skills and, correcting any unsafe behaviors.
- Pre-trip circle checks
- Trailer attachment devices and legal requirements for each
- Required brake tests for break away and normal usage
- Apply defensive driving techniques when towing a trailer
- Turning and how to identify the "off-track" of the trailer
- Review of "forces of motion" that apply to the trailer and load
- Load security
- Outline backing procedures with a trailer
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
We also offer an optional in-vehicle training module.,
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice