Many drivers tow some type of trailer for numerous occupational, recreational, and utility needs. Frequently, we do not think about the requirements and responsibility that comes with towing a trailer and merely view it as an extension of the towing vehicle. However, a driver can get into a difficult situation and/or legal violation by not understanding the requirements and procedures associated with towing a trailer.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Trailer Towing course is designed to provide students with these requirements and procedures. Novice drivers will be able to learn proper procedures before they learn incorrect habits. Experienced drivers will find value in refreshing their skills and, correcting any unsafe behaviors.
- Pre-trip circle checks
- Trailer attachment devices and legal requirements for each
- Required brake tests for break away and normal usage
- Apply defensive driving techniques when towing a trailer
- Turning and how to identify the "off-track" of the trailer
- Review of "forces of motion" that apply to the trailer and load
- Load security
- Outline backing procedures with a trailer
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
We also offer an optional in-vehicle training module.
To book a seat in the May 3, 2019 session please use this email link.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice