Aerial Work Platforms
Aerial work platforms are used frequently in the construction industry and for a variety of maintenance applications. The operation of any aerial work platform is subject to certain hazards that can only be protected against by having competent workers trained in its intended use, safe operation, maintenance, and service.
In this course students will learn the specific details to operating an aerial work platform in a safe manner and in accordance with all laws and regulations. There will also be a focus on proper fall protection when operating the machine.
- Legislation and regulation of aerial work platforms
- Types of aerial work platforms
- Major part of an aerial work platform
- Aerial work platform operating features
- Capacities, capabilities, specifications of the machine
- Inspecting an aerial working platform
- Hazard identification and how to avoid them
- Balancing an aerial work platform
- Fall protection for operators
- Operation procedures such as movement
Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to meet that requirement in either a 1 or 2 day course.
Students are required to complete the Fall Protection course before they are able to operate an Aerial Work Platform.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"Instructor was very knowledgeable, friendly, and kept it interesting. The most useful part of the training was the hands-on practical with different machines. "
"Very Satisfied with AWP course. Got hands-on experience using the machines which was helpful. "
"Took a similar course from a different company and this was set up better and (had) better detail. Clear and wasy to understand. "
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice