Many agricultural workers are injured or fatally wounded from the improper use of tractors. Whether it is a multi-generational family operation or a corporate agricultural company, every person using a tractor needs to be trained to operate it safely.
In this course students will learn the specific details to operating tractors in a safe manner and in accordance with all laws and regulations. Not only is this course for new users, but it is also an effective refresher course for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulation
- Safeguards and storage of a tractor
- Pre-shift inspection, visual, and maintenance inspections
- Site hazards
- Fall, collision, and crushing hazards
- Power take-off (PTO) information
- Keeping a tractor stable on various terrain
- General operation
- How to safely use various attachments such as mowers and front-end loaders.
Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to meet that requirement in either a 1 or 2 day course.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"The Instructor knew his stuff very well. Made the course easy to follow. "
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Council Releases Video: That Day - Terri Kerbrat's Story
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice