Please Note: To better serve you, our Powered Mobile Equipment curriculum is being redeveloped into a Blended Learning Model which will combine online training with on-location operator evaluations. This transition requires a temporary interruption of the delivery of our Power Mobile Equipment Operator and Trainer level courses. We apologize for any inconvenience to you and your organization. When a confirmed date for the new program is available, we will send out an alert to our email subscribers. Thank you for your patience.
Many agricultural workers are injured or fatally wounded from the improper use of tractors. Whether it is a multi-generational family operation or a corporate agricultural company, every person using a tractor needs to be trained to operate it safely.
In this course students will learn the specific details to operating tractors in a safe manner and in accordance with all laws and regulations. Not only is this course for new users, but it is also an effective refresher course for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulation
- Safeguards and storage of a tractor
- Pre-shift inspection, visual, and maintenance inspections
- Site hazards
- Fall, collision, and crushing hazards
- Power take-off (PTO) information
- Keeping a tractor stable on various terrain
- General operation
- How to safely use various attachments such as mowers and front-end loaders.
Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to meet that requirement in either a 1 or 2 day course.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"The Instructor knew his stuff very well. Made the course easy to follow. "
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Council Releases Video: That Day - Terri Kerbrat's Story
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice