Forklift (Class I - VII)
A competent forklift operator knows and practices safe operating procedures at all times. Because of the variety of models and work environments that these machines can be used in it is extremely important to learn the safety essentials for the forklift and environment you will be working with.
This Forklift course is designed to introduce new operators to the theory behind safe operation of a forklift and to apply these theories in practice in a controlled environment. The course also serves as an excellent review for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulations
- Understand the responsibilities of a forklift operator
- Understand employers safety responsibilities
- Properly identify the main parts of a forklift
- Find and interpret the information contained on the manufacturers data plate and operators manual
- How to perform a pre-shift inspection
- Identify the types and classifications of forklifts they will be using on their job site
- Understand the Occupational Health & Safety regulations where applicable
- Supervised practical operation in a controlled environment
Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to meet that requirement in either a 1 or 2 day course.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"Course was fun. Instructor was helpful and very good at making sure that you know how to operate the equipment. "
"Learned lots with both theory and hands-on. Instructor had a lot of knowledge and experiences to share. Friendly and approachable. "
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice