Skid Steer Loader
While a skid steer may look like a forklift, it is different in many ways and requires additional training to operate. Without the training, an operator will be putting themselves and co-workers in a very unsafe situation.
Occupational Health & Safety regulations (section 154) state that only competent operators, as in those who have the proper training, can operate one.
This course is designed to introduce new operators to the theory behind safe operation of a skid steer and to apply these theories in practice in a controlled environment. The course also serves as an excellent review for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulations
- Principles of a skid steer loader
- Movement and understanding the pivot point
- Mounting and dismounting the machine
- Control types (specific to your skid steer)
- Pre-shift inspection
- Work site inspection
- How to work with a bucket, fork, and other attachments (if applicable)
- Transporting a skid steer
When booking the course, we will need to know the specific control types and types of attachments you require for training.
Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to meet that requirement in either a 1 or 2 day course.
Class size varies based on the type of machine being trained.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
"Feel that after my training I am very confident that I can teach my co-workers. Everything about the course was useful and will be put to good use. "
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice