Variable Reach Material Handlers
A variable reach material handler (VRMH), also known as a “zoom boom”, is different from a forklift because they have a telescopic boom. This allows the machine to pick and place loads at various distances and heights directly in front of it.
This course is designed to introduce new operators to the theory behind safe operation of a VRMH and to apply these theories in practice in a controlled environment. The course also serves as an excellent review for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulations
- Understand the principles of operating a VRMH
- Understand how center of gravity affects machine movement
- Understanding the machines various load charts
- Identify major parts of the machine
- Pre-shift inspection of the VRMH
- Inspect work areas to ensure they are safe to operate the machine
- Understand loading and unloading materials
- Safely maneuvering the VRMH and the operators visibility
The average course runs about 2 days however it can vary greatly based on the number of students, type of machine, etc. Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training and we will work with you to ensure that training is delivered in a timely manner.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice