Please Note: To better serve you, our Powered Mobile Equipment curriculum is being redeveloped into a Blended Learning Model which will combine online training with on-location operator evaluations. This transition requires a temporary interruption (approx. 4 months) of the delivery of our Power Mobile Equipment Operator and Trainer level courses. We apologize for any inconvenience to you and your organization.
A Loader is a heavy equipment machine used to move or load various materials A Loader may be referred to as a Front End Loader, Pay Loader, Wheel Loader or Bucket Loader to name a few. All operators require theory and practical training to keep the operator and co-workers safe in work situations.
This course is designed to introduce new or existing operators to best practices for safe operation of a Loader. Operators will learn to apply these theories in a controlled environment while under the supervision of an experienced instructor. This course serves as an excellent review for experienced operators.
- Legislation and regulations
- Principals of a loader
- Operation of a loader
- Controls and safety features
- Mounting and dismounting
- Pre-shift inspections
- Site inspections
- Working with a bucket, forks and other attachments (If applicable)
- Transporting a loader
Commonly the course runs a full 2 days, however this can vary based on the number of students, type of machine, and the experience of the operators. Provincial Legislation requires that students receive a minimum 16 hours of training in Saskatchewan. We are also happy to help federally regulated organizations meet the requirements of the Canada Labour Code relating to equipment operators.
For more information, contact us at (306) 757-3197 or by email.
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice