Certification of Recognition Safety Program
Safety Program Certification enables your organization to develop, implement and review your Occupational Health and Safety Management System against a 3rd party recognized standard. The process can be valuable for showcasing due diligence through the monitoring and evaluating your organizations continuous improvement. Through the process there are opportunities for recognizing your organization’s strengths as well as possible areas for improvement.
The process involves the following:
A minimum of one employee attends the following courses. We recommend that medium and large organizations send more than one person.
- Safety and the Supervisor
- Essential Elements of a Safety Program
- Incident Investigation
- Internal Auditor Training
Once the courses are successfully completed, participants will be given an opportunity to conduct an internal audit or evaluation of their organizations Safety Management System. This internal audit will be reviewed for quality assurance and the individual is then certified as an internal auditor for their organization.
If the internal audit reaches a minimum of 80%, the organization may apply to have the Saskatchewan Safety Council perform an external verification audit of their safety systems. If the external audit verifies a standing that meets or exceeds 80% then that organization is issued a Certificate of Recognition from the Saskatchewan Safety Council.
This program adheres to the standards set out by the Saskatchewan Joint Industry Committee.
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice