Confined Space Entry
Confined spaces are dangerous places. Many people are injured or killed each year by entering confined spaces when it is not safe to do so or they die making attempts to rescue someone in a confined space when it is not safe to do so.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Confined Space Entry course discusses the hazards of a confined space including flammable and explosive atmospheres, oxygen deficient atmospheres, and common ventilation problems. It will also explain plans, procedures, and personal protective equipment. It covers the strategies to development effective pre-entry plans, lock out procedures, and tests of atmosphere and ventilation.
- Legislation and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and employees
- Hazards of a confined space including flammable and explosive atmospheres, oxygen deficient atmospheres, toxic atmospheres, biohazards, hydrocarbon gases, physical hazards, and common ventilation problems
- Permits and gas test sheets
- Plans, procedures and personal protective equipment including developing a pre-entry plan, lock out procedures, and testing atmospheres
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
"The instructor was well-spoken and the videos were good. Instructor had good field experience to draw from. "
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice