Confined Space Entry
Confined spaces are dangerous places. Many people are injured or killed each year by entering confined spaces when it is not safe to do so or they die making attempts to rescue someone in a confined space when it is not safe to do so.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Confined Space Entry course discusses the hazards of a confined space including flammable and explosive atmospheres, oxygen deficient atmospheres, and common ventilation problems. It will also explain plans, procedures, and personal protective equipment. It covers the strategies to development effective pre-entry plans, lock out procedures, and tests of atmosphere and ventilation.
- Legislation and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and employees
- Hazards of a confined space including flammable and explosive atmospheres, oxygen deficient atmospheres, toxic atmospheres, biohazards, hydrocarbon gases, physical hazards, and common ventilation problems
- Permits and gas test sheets
- Plans, procedures and personal protective equipment including developing a pre-entry plan, lock out procedures, and testing atmospheres
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
"The instructor was well-spoken and the videos were good. Instructor had good field experience to draw from. "
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice