Essential Elements of a Safety Program
Health & Safety Programs are a management system that offer an organized approach to reducing the human and financial costs of incidents in a workplace. Implementing a standardized management system is a key factor in reducing incidents, preventing harm and increasing workplace safety. A properly implemented safety program can benefit the moral, legal and financial aspects of an organization, which makes it a necessary part of any organizational plan.
Essential Elements of a Safety Program will assist management to develop systems that identify, evaluate and control health and safety risks. Why start from scratch when your organization can hit the ground running with recognized best practice? This one-day course can save months of time when starting a new program or be an excellent guide for existing programs to determine if there are any gaps.
- Management leadership and organizational commitment
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Hazard control
- Training, communications, orientation, and qualifications
- Ongoing inspection
- Emergency response
- Incident investigation
- Safety program administration, records and statistics
Course Duration: 1 Day
**In order to take this course you must complete the Safety and the Supervisor course.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice