No matter the height, as soon as a worker leaves stable ground, they are increasing risks to health and safety. This program is specifically designed to give participants information that they will need in order to make safe decisions when working at heights.
Saskatchewan Safety Council’s Fall Protection training provides participants with current information on industry best practices and legislative minimums. Participants will learn through a facilitated program of both lecture and practical training. By the end of this program participants will know how to exercise the hierarchy of controls including fall prevention, fall restraint, and fall arrest in varying situations. Participants will discuss the most common mistakes made when working at heights, how to inspect fall protection equipment, how to don a harness, and will have the opportunity to experience what it feels like to be suspended in a harness.
- Identifying typical types of fall hazards.
- Types of fall prevention systems and when to use them
- Establishing control zones and fall restraints
- Calculations to determine the fall protection area
- How to perform pre-use inspections fall protection equipment
- Understanding maintenance schedules
- How to plan for emergency situations
Course Duration: 1 Day
Notes & Requirements:
- If available, participants are to supply their own harnesses (in good condition).
- We have harnesses available.
- There is a practical portion where the participant must put on a harness and feel what it is like to be suspended in a harness, participants to dress accordingly.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
"The course was informative. The instructor was knowledgeable on the material and the time allotted was ample. "
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice