Firefighting with Hand Portables
Firefighting with Hand Portables is for students who are in the oil, gas, and mining industries. It covers the varying types of liquid and gaseous fuel fires they may encounter.
These employees may...
- be more susceptible to encountering a fire in their workplace
- require more knowledge/proficiency with fire extinguishers and/or
- want more firefighting experience
The objective of this course is to become proficient in using 20 lb. Dry Chemical Cartridge Operated Fire Extinguishers to fight various types of fuel-related fire. Students will experience fighting a minimum of 10 liquid and gaseous fuel fires that vary in difficulty. The end result is a higher knowledge of fire safety, a better understanding of the amount of extinguishing agent in a particular extinguisher, as well as a resulting confidence in their firefighting capabilities.
- Everything from the Introduction to Fire Extinguishers course
- Advanced fire behavior
- Maintenance and inspection
- Fire and life safety education
- Field recharge of cartridge operated fire extinguishers
- Operation of 20 lb. cartridge operated fire extinguishers
- Spill fires
- Fuel in depth fires
- Gravity fed fires
- Obstacle fires
- Pressure Fires
- Class A fire demonstration
- Class AB foam extinguisher demonstration
Course Duration: 1 Day
Notes & Requirements:
- This training requires 3 instructors at all times.
- This course is only offered at the Saskatchewan Safety Council Fire Training Grounds in Regina.
- PPE for the course: hard hat, safety boots/shoes, safety glasses or goggles (contact lenses are not permitted), gloves, and flame-resistant outerwear.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice