If a fire breaks out in your office, where do you go? Who do you turn to in order to lead the emergency evacuation? How do you ensure everyone made it out safely?
A Floor Warden with an understanding of their responsibilities as well having all employees familiar with who he or she is can mean the difference between an efficient evacuation and one that can be confusing or chaotic.
Floor Warden training is specifically designed for employees who are responsible for fire safety and building evacuations in their office and/or floor and provides them with the knowledge for effective planning, training, and coordinating in the event of a workplace fire.
- All of the Introduction to Fire Extinguishers course
- Introduction to the National Fire Code
- Fire safety plans
- Fire Prevention and Inspections
- Duties of Fire Wardens
- Fire protection systems
- High rise building considerations
This course is offered with one of the following hands-on components:
- Live fire (Gas:Diesel mix with burn pan and dry chemical fire extinguishers)
- A Bullex propane fire simulator (requires burn permit, outdoor use, and water supply)
- A Bullex electronic digital simulator (indoor use)
Course Duration: 1 Day
Note that live fires may not be permitted in all areas. Please check with the Saskatchewan Safety Council for more details.
It is recommended that students taking the course are familiar with their company’s fire safety plan (if applicable). Students need to wear non-flammable materials (cotton-based clothing). Safety glasses and good solid footwear are required as well.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice