Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
The actions taken in the first few seconds of discovering a fire are critical as they may help save someone’s life, reduce injuries, and/or reduce property loss.
Introduction to Fire Safety will make you more knowledgeable about fire safety for at home and in the workplace. It will teach you about emergency planning and preparedness and understand fire behavior within its incipient stage. The course covers how to properly use a fire extinguisher, complete with a practical application.
- Introduction to emergency plans
- Exposure hazards
- Fire knowledge at home and the workplace
- Elements of fire
- Classifications of fire
- Types and operation of Portable Fire Extinguishers
- Extinguishing agents and ratings
- Extinguisher user inspections
- Operation of the extinguisher
This course is offered with one of the following hands-on components:
- Live fire (Gas/Diesel mix with burn pan and dry chemical fire extinguishers)
- A Bullex propane fire simulator (requires burn permit, outdoor use, and water supply)
- A Bullex electronic digital simulator (indoor use)
Course Duration: 4 Hours
Notes & Requirements:
- Live fires may not be permitted in all areas. Please check with the Saskatchewan Safety Council for more details.
- Students need to wear non-flammable materials (cotton-based clothing). Safety glasses and good solid footwear are required as well.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
w/ Digital Fire Simulator Also available with Bullex Propane Simulator or Burn Pan (Call for Pricing)
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice