Workplace hazards can cause incidents and injury - controlling hazards prevents them. Recognizing, evaluating and controlling hazards are the basic building blocks of any safety and health management system.
This course introduces the concepts identifying and evaluating hazards by assessing risk and determining control methods.
- The importance of identifying hazards and managing risk
- The difference between hazard and risk
- How to identify hazards in the work environment
- How to determine the risk factor of a hazard
- Understand the hierarchy of controls
This course also presents multiple Risk Assessment Models as well as a hazard recognition, evaluation, and control checklist.
We can also incorporate your organization's specific hazard policies, procedures, and assessment forms if the information is provided ahead of time.
Course Duration: 1 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice