Hearing And Respiratory
For most workers, noise and airborne hazards are treated as a common workplace risk. Often times, these hazards are considered uncontrollable and are ignored. However, prolonged and constant exposure can affect the health and safety of workers, resulting in both temporary and permanent physical damage.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council Hearing and Respiratory Protection course reveals that noise and airborne hazards are, in fact, controllable with the proper training and safety measures in place. By understanding how to control them, you will significantly decrease the risk of injury to everyone in the workplace.
- Sound measurement
- Health consequences from noise hazards
- Regulations for workplace noise
- Overview of hearing conservation plans
- Identifying hazards and how to mitigate and/or eliminate them
- Audiometric testing
- Overview of the respiratory system
- Respiratory hazard identification and mitigation/elimination
- Health consequences from respiratory hazards (chemicals, molds, asbestos, etc.)
- Respiratory protection devices operation and maintenance
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
If you are not properly fitted for a respirator, you may not be protected from airborne elements which is why fit testing is required for anyone who uses a tight-fitting respirator to perform his or her job. The Saskatchewan Safety Council can conduct accurate and reliable respiratory fit test to ensure you are safe from harmful elements. Our instructors can accommodate testing dozens of people in a day in our office or your office or job site.
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
1. Read the Terms & Conditions (See the Link Below)
Membership has its benefits including discounts on training… Learn More
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice