Each day, workplace incidents harm people, property, quality, production and the environment. When an incident occurs, an occupational health and safety team must do everything in its power to determine what caused it and what could prevent it from happening again. An incident investigation is the most efficient way to find the cause and, in turn, control the hazard, preventing similar incidents and further harm.
This course will teach the methods for conducting effective investigations and the benefits of conducting one properly. The outcome will ensure you have understood the reasons the incident occurred and, therefore, greatly reducing the chance of a repeat occurrence.
- Why Incident Investigations Are Important
- Preparing for Incident Investigations
- Conducting an Incident Investigation
- Making Effective Recommendations
- Completing Reports and Following Up
Course Duration: 1 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- Youth and Mental Health
- Senior's Mental Health
- Supporting Those We Love
- Safe Toys and Gifts
- Safety Pays for Saskatoon High School
- Driving Distracted, or the tale of “Ooooo, look at the shiny thing over there!”
- Substantial Growth in Program for Youth
- Lunch and Learn
- Saskatchewan Safety Council joins the RRLIP Partnership Council!
- Summer Bash!
- First Ride
- Mental Health Training Added to Career Safety Education!
- Ag in Motion
- Agriculture Safety
- For a Great Cause!
- A Progressive Agriculture Safety Day
- Cade Sprackman Safety Day in Hudson Bay
- Get Defensive!
- Why Get Fit Tested?
- Strategic Alliance Formed between Industries to Deliver Free Career Safety Education
- Mental Health and Safety
- Making Safe Choices Even if you Fall in Snowbanks
- Interview with a Winner!
- Breaking the Ice with Winter Safety Tips
- Quick 3 Steps to Getting Fit!
- Senior Safety
- Spooky Safety Tips
- October=Distracted Driving Month
- Floor Warden! Fire Extinguishers!
- “Fall” into Safe Choices
- Early Safety Training
- Singular Source for All Things Safety Related in Saskatchewan
- Safety Studiously
- Learning to Ride
- All the Safety Training!
- Safety Culture or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Safety
- Welcome from the New Community Relations Coordinator
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice