Preventing Workplace Violence
Whenever workplace violence happens, an employee suffers harm. This makes preventing and dealing with incidents of physical and verbal abuse an important component of Occupational Health and Safety. Workplace violence and harassment can be initiated by anyone and be directed at anyone which is why being aware of and understanding the causes and occurrences of workplace violence is the first step towards eliminating, or at least preventing it.
This course will build your understanding of the types and causes of workplace violence and prepare you to recognize the signs of possible future incidents. You will learn to deal with actual situations and take steps towards creating a violence-free workplace.
- Understanding workplace violence
- Understanding legislation regarding workplace violence
- Assessing hazards and risks causing workplace violence
- Assessing the risk of violence
- Developing violence prevention plans and controls
- Monitoring and follow-up on safe practices
Course Duration: 1 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
- What Does Safety Mean if you are not sure where you will Sleep or if you will Eat Tonight?
- Council Expands Online Training Store
- 22 Key Words and Phrases Used by Frauds
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice