The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is a nationwide right-to-know legislation that gives Canadian workers the right to access and understand information on hazardous chemical substances found in their workplace. Canada-wide regulations require that anyone working either with or in the vicinity of materials classified under WHMIS regulations receive proper training.
The Saskatchewan Safety Council WHMIS course will provide students with the ability to identify, handle, and store a regulated material and reduce the chance of an incident causing harm. It will also provide details on how to implement and maintain a WHMIS program into your workplace. We can tailor the course to fit your specific needs in order to ensure you get the most out of this important program. This program provides training in both WHMIS 1988 and WHMIS 2015.
- WHMIS legislation, classifications and symbols
- Supplier and workplace labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- How to implement WHMIS in the workplace
Course Duration: 1/2 Day
To request a course for your company or for more information, please contact us.
"Our instructor was very good at explaining the key changes and differences between WHMIS 1988 and 2015. "
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice