Babysitter Training Course
When it comes to caring for a child in today’s life environments, Health and safety information as well as resources are continuously changing.Because of this, new babysitters need formal training to be properly prepared in case of an emergency. The Saskatchewan Safety Council Babysitter Training Course is an excellent way to prepare a young adult for the important demands of the job.
The goals of the Babysitter Training Course are to provide the student with up-to-date child care information, the tools to properly communicate with parents, the knowledge for preventing and treating injuries, and managing any other challenges that may arise.
The Babysitter Training Course is flexible in that any volunteer member of the community can teach it. The volunteer contacts the Saskatchewan Safety Council to purchase the Instructors Kit and a Student Kit for each young adult participating in the program. The Instructor Kit provides all of the information to help plan and teach the topics in the Student Kit.
The Student Kit provides information in the following areas:
- Babysitting Basics (Finding work, legal facts, etc.)
- Caring for children of different ages
- Preventing injuries for both the child and the babysitter
- First aid for common injuries
- Handling various emergencies (severe storms, furnace goes out, etc.)
- Playing with children
- Many other safety topics
It is extremely beneficial to bring in speakers such as police officers and firefighters to the Babysitter Training Course. This helps build a comfort level for the students should the need arise for them to communicate with such agencies.
The Instructors Kit includes:
- Instructors handbook
- Fire Smart DVD
- Student Kit
- Course exams with answers
- Course attendance sheet
- 3 course posters
- 5 course brochures
The Student Kit includes:
- Student handbook
- Course exam
- Student application form
- Letter to practical experience parent
- Babysitters practical experience report
- Student evaluation form
- Letter to parents of babysitter
- Certification card
The course is structured for 8 sessions that can run up to 2 hours each, depending on the number of students participating. It is recommended that each instructor work with no more than 20 students.
Instructor Kits - $20 each
Student Kits - $10 each
To order course materials please call our offices or download the materials order form below.
Completed forms can be faxed, emailed or mailed to:
Saskatchewan Safety Council
445 Hoffer Drive
Regina, SK, S4N 6E2
*Please have your materials order form sent to us at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Online Agriculture Safety Training (OATS) adopted by Sun West School Division
- Students Dress Up for Farm Safety Presentation
- It Takes A Community . . .
- You Like us on Facebook, now See Us First
- Sock it to ‘em
- In the Dark
- Providing Safety Training to Budding Entrepreneurs Since 1965
- Taking Registrations
- Supporting the Council Just Got Easier
- Council Releases Video: That Day - Terri Kerbrat's Story
- Those Who Keep Us Safe Deserve Recognition
- Go Forth and Mow Safely
- 3M Safety Roadshow makes a stop in Regina
- Barry Muir's was a Life Dedicated to Safety and Learning
- Why Support the Saskatchewan Safety Council?
- Safe Choice